Monday, May 26, 2008

What's new with us...






Well, the long and short of it is not too much.


Malachi...
Soccer is over for the season and I think it's highly unlikely my sweet little daydreamer is going to play again. So much for my dream of being a soccer mom, driving around in my fancy SUV with a big STING decal dashing from game to game, cheering on my star player and BSing with the gals. Ah, not my style anyway.

School is almost over as well, which I think I am more excited about than he is. I am so lucky he is so stinking bright that I don't have to really worry too much about him in school (yet). He's known the kindergarten curriculum since day one. He reads phenomenally well and comprehends way above his age. I guess that is a blessing and a curse. Being outsmarted by a five year old, especially when you consider yourself fairly bright, is somewhat unnerving.

Lucas...
Ah Lucas... why do these boys both have to be so sweet that it makes me want to go back on my promise to Chad to be done after two babies? I sat and watched him sleep for quite awhile today. I remember doing that with Malachi several times. Today, though, the song "You're gonna miss this" kept playing over and over in my mind. It's true. I already miss this. It's one of those double edged swords, I love him being little, but at the same time, I can't wait to do all the fun stuff I get to do with Malachi again. He has started signing "milk" and I feel like it's the first thing I've really ever taught him. Hell, with an older brother like Kai, it might be the only thing I ever get to teach him. Either way, I am going to enjoy the heck out of him.

0 comments: