I've always loved rocking babies... and since Kai was my only child for over five years, I've never really stopped rocking him. It definitely doesn't happen as often as it used to, but every once in awhile, my big boy needs to be rocked. Tonight, he was especially difficult for Chad and they kept butting heads, and Kai was being a total pain. Chad and I gave him some consequences, one of which was no dessert for the weekend (we've never used this one, but apparently it works wonders, so we'll be using it again). Kai was so upset, I stayed in his room for awhile and rubbed his head and talked to him...I asked him if I could rock him and he enthusiastically obliged. As I rocked him, I asked him if he had any idea how much I loved him. He said no. Then he said "Mama, I love you 1000 hours plus 1000 days plus 1000 miles plus 1000 minutes, to the moon and back and back again."
I. almost. cried.
That's my boy.
First Name Basis
4 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment