Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fall ramblings

Fall is really my favorite time of year; I love the smell, the leaves, the crispness in the air... I've always loved decorating my house in harvest colors and carving pumpkins. Maybe it's from years of school, but fall always seems like the beginning of a year for me... a time I want to reflect and start anew. Maybe it's because I just got my hair done... that always makes me feel good. :)

Yesterday I decided to call out a particularly hurtful family member for the person he is. It is really out of my character to start a conflict, but something he said (on blogger none the less) put me over the edge. It was honestly the most hypocritical thing I think I had ever heard, and he deserved everything I said. And how did my 60 some year old family member respond? By deleting me as a friend on Facebook. What an ASS! I can't say that I am surprised, years of other family members trying to get him to fess up to what he had done bore no fruit, so I am not sure why I hoped my message would get through. In any event, it was beneficial in the sense that it touched those he hurt in a positive way. Enough about my effed up extended family. I prefer to talk about my adorable immediate family, namely a little cutie named Luke (currently sporting his second runny nose in his entire life) and my slowpoke smarty-pants Malachi (currently fighting sleep with everything he has). Well, not much else to say... time for pics.

I love this smile!

Baby Collin came to visit us and practice
binky stealing with Lukey.

Luke and my dad at his dedication

On stage at his dedication... he was ALL smiles!
Ok, so not in this one picture, but the rest of the time ;)

Chad was thrilled as usual to be on stage.
I hate this picture, my face looks weird, but
I didn't get any better ones (thanks Dad for letting
Malachi hold the camera!)

1 comments:

Brittani said...

Awww he looks so happy at the dedication! How sweet!